AUSPELD (‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’) and the five state-based SPELD organisations (‘AUSPELD Members’) are committed to protecting your privacy when you interact with the AUSPELD website. AUSPELD and all AUSPELD Members are bound by the Privacy Act 1988.
Purpose of this Policy
This policy explains the data we collect when users visit or interact with the AUSPELD website. It describes how we may collect, use, and disclose personal information about you or your use of our content, products, or services.
The date of the most recent review of this policy can be found at the end of this document.
Collection of Personal Information
How we collect personal information
AUSPELD collects personal information about you:
(a) When you provide it to us
If you register as a user of the AUSPELD website, or make a purchase without registering, you will provide information to us as part of your order or registration. You may also give us information when you sign up to receive AUSPELD newsletters, register to attend an event, or participate in research or surveys.
(b) When someone else provides it to us on your behalf
Sometimes someone else, such as a colleague or friend, may provide us with information about you so that we can provide you with products or services. In some circumstances, we may also collect information about you from AUSPELD Members. This information is only collected to provide you with access to specific content that you have requested or to communicate with you regarding products and services.
(c) When we collect it in relation to your use of our website
We collect information about your use of our digital services using cookies and local storage. We track this information by referring to digital information such as IP addresses, or identifiers for your device or browser, and will not link cookies or digital identifiers to your personal information.
If we do not collect information about you or your use of our digital services, we may not be able to provide you with certain digital services that rely on local storage or cookies to function.
A note regarding the collection of payment information
‘Cookies’ are a common technology that allow websites, applications and emails to gather and store information on your computer or device. This information is used to identify your browser or device so that websites can keep track of your user activity over time, and remember details such as your login status, access tokens or shopping cart content.
- Website functionality: To enable interactive features such as online shopping. For instance, cookies allow our servers to keep track of your shopping cart between visits to our website.
- Visitor analytics: The aggregate, non-personal information gathered using cookies helps us to understand how people find and use our website.
These third parties may include:
- a) analytics service providers, namely, Google Analytics (more information here)
- b) social media services, such as Facebook.
Controlling and deleting cookies
Popular browsers will usually give users a level of control over cookies.
You can set your browser to accept or reject all, or certain, cookies. You can also set your browser to prompt you each time a cookie is offered. Most cookies are easy to delete and will be removed when you clear your ‘Browsing History’ from within your browser. Some digital services may not load properly or function as intended if cookies are disabled, however, it is up to you to determine the level of convenience and computer privacy with which you are comfortable.
Information that is personally identifiable to AUSPELD
If you have registered for an AUSPELD account or event, or subscribed to an AUSPELD newsletter, we will not combine information from your registration with the information we collect about your use of our digital services, or with any other information you provide to us, unless explicitly requested to do so.
Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Personal Information
AUSPELD Visitors and Customers
We collect, use and disclose personal information:
- to provide our products and services to you (including physical delivery of orders);
- to help us understand more about who uses our website;
- to improve our products and services, including conducting surveys and performing research and analysis;
- to manage our relationship with you, including:
- communicating with you, including providing information about activities, products, services and events which we consider to be of interest to you;
- billing you for any products or services that we charge for;
- investigating any complaints made by or about you; and
- managing any request by you to return or exchange a product at a later date.
- to conduct events, competitions or promotions on behalf of AUSPELD and AUSPELD Members;
- for statistical and research purposes;
- to obtain professional services as required including legal, accounting or insurance services;
- if permitted or required by law;
- otherwise with your consent; or
- for purposes directly related to any one or more of the above.
We will not send you unsolicited direct marketing emails, without your prior consent, unless we are permitted to do so by law. We will always give you the option to opt out of further communications. We may send you electronic communications for account administration purposes for as long as you are a registered user or customer of AUSPELD.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to our:
- technology service providers, including cloud hosting service providers; software suppliers; maintenance and support service providers; and security services on a confidential basis so that they can provide services to us; and
- marketing service providers.
As described in the section on ‘Third–party cookies’, we may allow some of our marketing service providers, and our analytics and ratings service providers, to collect information about your use of AUSPELD digital services along with identifiers for your device or browser.
Some third parties, such as Google, may be able to match information about your use of our digital services with personal information they already have about you. The information we disclose to Google, via Google Analytics, will not be matched with any personal information we have collected about you. Personal information we disclose to marketing providers will not be matched with data we have collected based on your use of our digital services.
AUSPELD will not sell or receive payment for licensing or disclosing your personal information.
AUSPELD may include links to third-party content on its website and in other electronic communications. AUSPELD does not have any control over the privacy practices of those third parties. Please check the website of the relevant third party for details of their privacy policies. AUSPELD does not control who links to AUSPELD’s site.
Accessing and updating the information we hold about you
You have the right to request access to personal information that is held by AUSPELD. Requests for access will be dealt with by AUSPELD in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 1982 or Privacy Act 1988.
You also have the right to request the correction of any of your personal information that AUSPELD holds. AUSPELD will take reasonable steps and make appropriate corrections to ensure the accuracy of personal information. To access, or amend, your personal information please contact the AUSPELD Privacy Officer, whose details are below.
Privacy Officer contact details
If you wish to contact our privacy officer, please use the following contact details:
Attn: Privacy Officer
PO BOX 409
SOUTH PERTH WA 6951
Making a complaint
AUSPELD welcomes feedback about privacy issues, and attends to all questions and complaints promptly. Please contact our Privacy Officer using the details above if you would like to make a complaint.
If AUSPELD takes more than 30 days to respond to your privacy complaint, or if you are dissatisfied with the outcome, you can make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner at the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au).
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact AUSPELD.